Friday, July 30, 2010

To My Cohorties...

How do I explain my Xavier experience to others? I am having a hard time putting it in words. There aren't words that I am able to find to really explain it, and when I try, they seem to do it a disservice, the words aren't big enough, aren't filled with enough depth or emotion. Trying to describe it somehow makes it smaller, less of a moment than it really was. It feels like every time I try to answer the question, "so how was Xavier?" I give a little piece of it away, it keeps getting smaller.

Xavier is this really huge moment that has left a gigantic impression on me and trying to sum it up makes it seem so small. I don't want it to be small. I want it to stay ginormous. I don't want the memories to stop washing over me, filling me with peace and joy. I could speak your names but that wouldn't let the asker know how amazing you are. I could share highlights but it wouldn't capture the fullness and beauty of the moment. I feel as if the answer to their question can't be given in a short conversation. I can only reply by saying...

Watch my life, I hope you will find your answer.

1 comment:

Ariah said...

The most beautiful line I've heard in a long time "Watch my life, I hope you will find your answer."