Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The 30 Minute Challenge

As I continue to talk to people about the Montessori Method, I come across many who are unfamiliar with it. In trying to find a solution to this, I've come up with the 30 Minute Challenge. Find a Montessori school near you. Call ahead and make an appointment. Take 30 minutes from you day and spend it observing a Montessori classroom. Make some notes, jot down some observations. Then contact me and we can talk about what you saw and get your questions answered.

It is my belief that if more people knew about the Montessori Method they would demand their local schools follow it.

Have more questions? Click here.

2 comments:

Ariah said...

I'm definitely taking you up on the challenge.
Last time I spent a day at a montessori school was 10 years ago, my senior year of high school.

And now that my kids are school age I need to give this all a bit more thought.

Peace.

Joshua said...

Thanks Ariah. Let me know what you think! Minneapolis has some really good public Montessori schools. As good as they can be in the public environment.